About Me

My photo
I have two main hobbies, one is cross-stitching and the other is dollshouse miniatures. I have a 6ft dollshouse called La Maison de Reves. I took up cross stitching so i could stitch cushions/rugs etc for my dh, but cross stitching developed into a passion and a joy....well as long as Rene's froggies leave me alone...lol Now my biggest problem is finding time!!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Finding Floss and Stuff....:))

Had a wonderful week hanging out with my friends from NZ, always so sad to see them go. The dollshouse show was superb as per usual. A very dear friend stayed with us for a few days afterwards so we went stash shopping!! It was enormous fun, we even spent one day poking around CBD before taking a ferry to Manly for lunch and a paddle in the sea, buying an icecream and training back home again. Exhausting....we didnt buy much stash....but we had a ball!!

I am really struggling to find RL needlecraft stores with FRIENDLY knowledgable staff, LOTS and LOTS of yummy floss and fabric to fondle, and eye candy galore. I am specifically looking for perle cotton/Caron's Waterlillies at the moment but its as scarce as hens teeth. Soooooo frustrating cos it is difficult to get exactly the right colour when buying sight unseen over the internet.

And it is mega expensive to repeatedly buy the wrong floss (complete with postage downunder) cos you got the colour wrong....mmm.....less gold, more dark caramel.......is that pale yellow or peach?? lol

On a positive note, at least getting it wrong increases the size of my stash.........

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear you had such a nice time with your friends. What concerns the LNS - that's a problem here too. I have mostly to rely on online shops. Not sure how far you're away from Katoomba, but there is a great LNS. They do have a great website too: http://www.thestitchingpost.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck finding the right floss color. :) And glad you had such a lovely time with your friends at the dollhouse show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about colors not at all being what they appear online. Just means more purchasing! (not all bad) It's always nice to have friends to visit.

    ReplyDelete