About Me

My photo
I have two main hobbies, one is cross-stitching and the other is dollshouse miniatures. I have a 6ft dollshouse called La Maison de Reves. I took up cross stitching so i could stitch cushions/rugs etc for my dh, but cross stitching developed into a passion and a joy....well as long as Rene's froggies leave me alone...lol Now my biggest problem is finding time!!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sydney Mini Show

Wooohooo this weekend is the Sydney Mini Show. Only happens once a year and is a time for all miniaturists to get together and shop til they drop!! lol

Mini friends come from NZ and all over Oz. There are classes and stalls, clubs showcase their latest projects, online groups meet in RL, we all laugh too much, spend tooo much and generally have a ball.

I have some special friends from NZ who come over each year. It is so great to catch up with them properly and try and fit a years worth of laughter into just a few days.

I am not displaying this year, have just not had the time to create something special enough mini-wise, all off my creative energies have been going into my cross-stitching instead. But I have promised my daughter that I will make her a modern day kitchen roombox so I will be hunting out treasures for that at the show.

Did I mention its the Sydney Mini Show on this weekend.......lol

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear you so excited about your weekend!
    Can't wait to hear your stories about it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you lots of fun at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun......still would like some additions to set out for my Dept 56 house. I've got nothing for decorations from Easter to July 4.......

    ReplyDelete